Zweisimmen lies in a wide valley floor and is one of the ten villages which constitutes the Gstaad-Saanenland region. The Rinderberg cableway leads up directly from the village centre to the largest section of the “Gstaad Mountain Rides” ski region which makes it the ideal starting point for extended skiing experiences in winter and for walks in summer. In the nearby holiday destination of Gstaad, guests will be able to gain an insight into the world of stars and rising stars who prefer to spend their vacations here.
The rambling paradise around Zweisimmen offers several themed walking trails: there is, for example, the Obersimmental ‘home trail’ which invites its walkers to marvel at the magnificent Simmental farmhouses. The classic trails here also include a ramble or a mountain bike excursion to the idyllic Seebergsee and onward, towards the Stierenberg. Here, a warm bath in a wooden tub awaits visitors who stay at a mountain lodge. Four vista-rich, high-altitude trails as well as a walking tail leading to Lenk at the head of the Upper Simmental finally round off the available walks around Zweisimmen. As an alternative, visitors can opt for scooter-based fun: riders can choose between two routes on which to coast down from the mountain into the valley on scooters with specially-equipped brakes. Several bicycle and mountain bike routes, including the downhill route on the Rinderberg round off the summer route options.
The «Gstaad Mountain Rides» ski area, which extends from Zweisimmen through to Schönried, offers 120 km of piste fun (with snow park). The Montreux – Bernese Oberland – rail line links Zweisimmen with the valley stations of the feeder cableways for the “Gstaad Mountain Rides” ski arena. The snow-assured high-plateau of Sparenmoos has 38 km of cross-country ski trails and is also the starting point of the 7-km-long toboggan run, which leads down to Zweisimmen. Numerous winter walking trails provide for further diversity and interest.
- Sparenmoos-Zweisimmen toboggan run – 7 km of toboggan fun for the entire family, toboggans can be hired.
- Seebergsee circular walking route or mountain bike tour – from Zweisimmen up to the clear mountain lake, then further to the Stiereberg (with a tub bath at the mountain lodge) and then down to Zweisimmen again.
- Obersimmental ‘home trail’ – offers an insight into the carpentry artistry employed on the magnificent Simmental houses with their carvings and murals.
- «Golden Pass» panoramic rail journey- a day’s excursion to Montreux on Lake Geneva or to Lucerne in central Switzerland.
- Scooter fun – roll down the mountain into the valley on a special scooter.
Zweisimmen snow games – waterslide contest through the icy-cold Rinderberg water, ski-cross races, mountain bike downhill and a freestyle show: a parcours for the venturesome (January).
The news presented here is provided and updated by regional/local tourist offices, which is why Switzerland Tourism is unable to guarantee the correctness of the contents.