The chalets of Verbier offer over 25,000 opportunities for overnight stays. Furthermore, it has innumerable opportunities for sports. Verbier is thus an ideal location for large sports events such as Ski World Cups, Paragliding World Championships, Junior Ski World Championships, Tour de Suisse and Tour de France.
400 kilometers of hiking trails, 200 kilometers of mountain bike pistes as well as two golf courses lure visitors to the village in the summer. In the winter Verbier, along with five other villages, turns into the winter sports mecca of "4 Vallées", Four Valleys. Mountain peaks such as Mont Fort (at 3330 meters above sea level the highest vantage point of the region) and 410 kilometers of pistes are made accessible by means of 90 lifts and trains.
There are 500 km of hiking trails, and experienced hikers can follow the tracks of the chamois through this mountain world, which is covered in snow even in summer. For those looking for more action there is climbing, paragliding down to the valley and 826 km of mountain bike piste. A trip aboard the mountain railway to the peak of Mont Fort with its impressive panorama from the Matterhorn to Mont Blanc is a must. Golfers will find two exciting courses and the modern sports centre offers saunas, tennis, squash and curling whatever the weather.
As soon as the first snow falls, Verbier becomes a winter sports paradise. A cableway opens up the top of Mont Fort at a height of 3330 metres. From here there is a fantastic view to the Matterhorn, Grand Combin and Mont Blanc.
You can also enjoy the winter landscape without skis along the snowshoe and winter hiking trails or on two 10-km- long toboggan pistes. For those who love major ski tours, Verbier is well known as a starting point and staging post in the so-called ‘Haute Route’ to Zermatt and Saas Fee.
- Mont-Fort: glacier at 3330 m and the highest point in this ski resort, with a breathtaking view
- Mont Gelé: this mountain station is situated at an altitude of 3023 m and is accessible by cableway from Les Attelas.
- Swatch Xtreme Verbier by The North Face: the world’s top freeriders demonstrate their skills at dizzy heights on slopes, rocky cliffs and in narrow gorges (March).
- Glacier Patrol: this bi-annual high alpine world competition is a real challenge for all participants and runs from Zermatt or Arolla to Verbier (April).
- Verbier Festival & Academy: many big names in classical music gather at this festival to share their skill with young talents from all over the world (July/August).
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Verbier