Formerly a mere transit location between Chur and Tiefencastel, Lenzerheide, located at an altitude of 1500 metres above sea level in a high valley, has been a popular winter and summer health resort for families and sports enthusiasts for some time now. The smaller holiday resorts of Parpan and Lantsch/Lenz are located in the same high valley.
The varied options available for families and the comprehensive childcare services have been awarded the „Families Welcome“ quality label. A great number of family-friendly hotels and holiday apartments offer accommodation to suit every budget.
Heidsee sparkles like a diamond in the high-lying valley of Lenzerheide. The surrounding summits will enchant you with their magical allure, as the scent of the lush green Alpine meadows invites you to sit back and relax. What could be better after a fantastic hike or an exciting bike tour than dangling your feet in the cold waters of Heidsee? Enjoy the last rays of sunshine. Breathe in the crisp mountain air and let the day’s experiences put a big smile on your face.
Coming from Zurich, Lenzerheide is the most rapidly accessible holiday destination in the canton of Grisons. And less travel time means longer holidays. Travelling by car, follow the signs to Chur-South and then exit the motorway towards Lenzerheide; in just 20 minutes, you’ll be smack-dab in the middle of the holiday region. If you are arriving by public transportation, Grisons PostAuto buses depart Chur and take you directly to Lenzerheide.
Enjoy glistening winter days in Lenzerheide, where the deeply snow-covered landscape nestled between white forests and frozen lakes invites you to while away the time – whether you enjoy hiking in the snow, cross-country skiing, sledding or simply letting your spirit roam free.
Twice the sun. It is said that there are two sides to everything. Lenzerheide is no different, except here, both sides are sunny. We are referring to the two sides of our valley: a sun-soaked winter paradise with 155 km of perfectly-prepared slopes at snow-friendly altitudes of 1230 to 2865 m above sea level. In no time at all, 40 modern transport facilities zip you to a wide variety of downhill runs, sunny panoramic terraces and cosy Alpine huts.
- Globi Experience Trail – see, feel, learn: Globi accompanies people of all ages on this nature trail.
- Heidsee Lido – bathing beach with a great atmosphere against an imprssive mountain backdrop. Climbing mountain, pirate ship, rope bridge and play stream put a smile on children’s faces.
- Parpan Rothorn – from the summit at an altitude of 2861 metres above sea level a view of an endless seaming peakscape unfolds.
- Pradaschier toboggan run in Churwalden – measuring 3100 metres, this is the longest toboggan run in Europe.
- SnowNights – Fun on the piste, even long after sunset, is guaranteed by the well-lit 3.5-kilometer ski run and an illuminated toboggan run.
- Planoiras Cross-Country Race – during the legendary Plainoras, Marathon enthusiasts from all over Europe compete in an exciting race. (January).
- Audi FIS Ski World Cup Final – the best athletes meet for the big final and compete for the coveted crystal balls (March).
- Women’s Bike Festival – it’s all about women and mountain bikes: workshops, presentations and tours in the region (June).
- Grisons Marathon – 42 km from Chur (590 metres above sea level) up the Parpan Rothorn (2865 metres above sea level), according to its promoters the toughest marathon in the world (June).
- Grisons Walking – the longest route leads up to the top of the Rothorn, and there are also non-timed routes (June).
- Alpine Challenge – cycling marathon over four passes, Albula - Bernina - Forcla di Livigno – Julier, covering a distance of 220 kilometres and overcoming a difference in altitude of 4000 metres (August).