A paradise for hikers and mountaineers, but also a peaceful refuge for artists. The valley where the artist Alberto Giacometti was born, Bergell with its special panorama sheltered and inspired numerous artists, such as Giovanni Segantini and Varlin.
180 kilometers of hiking trails marked by history trails and panoramic views, in the midst of luxurious vegetation. Majestic mountains for mountaineers and climbers. Impressive trails where mountain bikers can let off steam: Bergell is the ideal valley for sports enthusiasts. Those who like to be active should definitely not omit the adventure path in Maloja.
The skiing region of Maloja-Aela and the small ski lift from Casaccia enable visitors of all ages to enjoy themselves on skis, snowboards and snow tubs. Cross-country ski runs, several kilometers long, near Maloja are ideal for practicing for the Engadine Ski Marathon. Winter hiking on foot or with snowshoes is a less fast-paced alternative.
- Valley of artists – the valley where Alberto Giacometti was born, the last earthly abode of the artists Giovanni Segantini and Varlin.
- Soglio – a mountain village with Italian charm in Graubünden.
- Maloja – a family-friendly village.
- Chestnut forest in Castasegna – one of Europe’s largest and most beautiful sweet chestnut forests.
- Chestnut Festival – a celebration of colour, fragrance and flavour. Every year, the chestnut is crowned queen of the Bregaglia (October).