Built in 1557 in the Italian Renaissance style as a private residence for Lucerne's mayor Lux Ritter.
The city later completed the building. Living quarters for the Jesuits who were called to Lucerne in 1574. Today it is the seat of the cantonal government.
The content presented here is provided and updated by regional/local tourist offices, which is why Switzerland Tourism is unable to guarantee the correctness of the contents.