Come and enjoy the peace and quiet of our village, along with the fresh mountain air, lots of sunshine and a fantastic view. It is easy to relax and recover in our village, away from everyday stress. Not only is it suitable for tranquil holidays but also is conveniently situated for an active family vacation.
For an unforgettable mountain excursion an extensive and well-developed system of walking paths opens from spring to autumn. In the unspoiled natural surroundings you can roam through colourful meadows, shady larch forests, idyllic hamlets and view superb alpine landscapes, with a little luck, marmots or chamois can be observed. Mountain bikers can live out their dreams by finding very well prepared routes. With its central position in the Valais, Albinen is open to multiple holiday possibilities for visitors. Famous places such as Zermatt, Saas-Fee and Rilke - The burial ground in Raron are attainable within a one-hour drive.
In a deep snow covered winter landscape Albinen looks particularly attractive. Revitalize yourself by walking around the village and nearby alpine surroundings. Skiers and snowboarders are transported free of charge to the ski lift at Torrentbahnen only 14 minutes away. If you prefer to take your car, free parking is available. The skiing area Torrent at 2800 meters has snow guaranteed during the winter season. The ski runs are suitable for beginners as well as advanced skiers. A visit to the thermal springs after skiing assures the ultimate after-ski relaxation. A combined ski and thermal springs pass can be bought, enabling both activities to be available at a reduced price.
- Only 6 km from thermal springs resort Leukerbad
- Regular bus service
- 50 km of ski run and cross-country skiing (1540 m - 2800 m), 11 skilift facilities (including Leukerbad)
- Free ski bus
- 50 km marked walking paths
- 30 km marked mountain bike routes
- The Albinen ladders: In old times this was the shortest way to Leukerbad. This includes 8 ladders of 100 m height. Today a footpath has been integrated but only recommended for those who do not suffer from fear of heights or dizzy turns.
- Guided village tours - from June to October
- Museum in the old mill.