With its numerous mountain transport facilities, growing number of wellness havens and family-friendly attitude, the idyllic chalet village at the foot of the Wildstrubel in summer and winter is among the most versatile holiday destinations in the Bernese Oberland. And Adelboden is the first destination in Switzerland to have been awarded the Alpine Wellness holiday resort certificate.
In summer the mountain countryside encourages you to slow down and consciously enjoy. Adelboden boasts over 300 kilometres of well-groomed hiking and theme trails (including a wheelchair-passable circular hiking trail), as well as several cycling and mountain biking routes. Traditional mountain farming with Alpine huts and cheese dairies characterise the countryside. Several summer activities provide entertainment for the visitors.
The Adelboden-Frutigen-Lenk ski region is a tempting destination even for top athletes. 72 high-performance transport facilities provide access to a piste network of just over 210 kilometres. Winter hiking on the Adelboden sun terrace, cross-country skiing trails, a snow park, freeride arena, hiking and tobogganing trails invite visitors to explore the Alpine winter world - and several mountain guesthouses and Alpine huts provide the perfect excuse for a well-earned rest. Did you know? The slopes in the Adelboden-Lenk ski area have received the international ski area test quality seal.
- Choleren Gorge - wild gorge of the Tschent Stream with waterfalls, watermills and smooth rocks
- Schwandfeldspitz - vantage point above the Tschentenalp at an altitude of 2025 metres above sea level with impressive all-round view (cable car summit station)
- Unique in the world: Trottiland 45 km – 7 routes and a slope network totalling 45 km mean rapid downhill runs from Sillerenbühl and Hahnenmoos into the village.
- Engstligen Falls - two impressive waterfalls overcoming a total of 600 metres difference in altitude
- FIS Ski World Cup Adelboden at the Chuenisbärgli (January)
- Horäschlittä Renä (horn toboggan race) - about 100 2-person teams guide their 'Hornschlitten' (horn togoggans) at top speeds to the finish (February)
- Alpaufzug Engstligenalp – 350 cows climb up the steep mountain trail which has been carved out of the rock alongside the Engstligen waterfalls to the Alpine pastures for the summer (end of July)
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Adelboden