As part of the St. Gotthard fortifications, this fort and was manned from 1894 to 1947 by a fortified mixed artillery regiment.
The Gotthard Exhibition Cheese Dairy also features a restaurant and a store.
Tradition-steeped hotel dating back to 1917 at the foot of the Gotthard. The family run hotel managed through the years by the Forni family comprises 20 refurbished rooms with minibar, telephone, safe and ADSL, some of which with balcony in addition. Breakfast buffet, possible half or full board, free parking and garage parking at a charge as well as a conference room and restaurant with local specialities. A great location for snowshoe tours, hikes and mountain biking.