Vevey Excursion

Set on the beautiful shores of Lake Geneva, Vevey offers travelers the best of both worlds: A storybook perfect Swiss lake town, and very few tourists. Shop, sample the best goodies from the town's patisseries and boulangeries, and enjoy a cruise on Lake Geneva. more

Chillon

Chur: Kathedrale Maria Himmelfahrt...

The Cathedral of Mary's Ascension is the focal point of Chur's Bishop's Court. This diocese dates back to late Roman times, making this the oldest... more

Chur: Kathedrale Maria Himmelfahrt (Cathedral of Mary's Ascension)
Chur: St. Martinskirche (St. Martin's Church)

Chur: St. Martinskirche (St. Martin's...

The 8th-century St. Martin's Church was the site of John Comander's persuasive sermons in 1524, and became Protestant in 1525. Local tradition has... more

Vevey Excursion

Set on the beautiful shores of Lake Geneva, Vevey offers travelers the best of both worlds: A storybook perfect Swiss lake town, and very few tourists. Shop, sample the best goodies from the town's patisseries and boulangeries, and enjoy a cruise on Lake Geneva.

Set on the beautiful shores of Lake Geneva, Vevey offers travelers the best of both worlds: A storybook perfect Swiss lake town, and very few tourists. Shop, sample the best goodies from the town's patisseries and boulangeries, and enjoy a cruise on Lake Geneva.

Chur: Kathedrale Maria Himmelfahrt (Cathedral of Mary's Ascension)

The Cathedral of Mary's Ascension is the focal point of Chur's Bishop's Court. This diocese dates back to late Roman times, making this the oldest still functioning bishopric north of the Alps. During the Protestant Reformation, the Catholic church and its adherents were exiled within this court for 300 years, conducting their lives and worship entirely cut off from the rest of the city.

The Cathedral of Mary's Ascension is the focal point of Chur's Bishop's Court. This diocese dates back to late Roman times, making this the oldest still functioning bishopric north of the Alps.

Chur: St. Martinskirche (St. Martin's Church)

The 8th-century St. Martin's Church was the site of John Comander's persuasive sermons in 1524, and became Protestant in 1525. Local tradition has it that Martin Luther himself delivered a 10-minute speech here in the 1520s; whether his presence turned the tide against Catholicism or merely encouraged the existing Protestant congregation is unknown.

The 8th-century St. Martin's Church was the site of John Comander's persuasive sermons in 1524, and became Protestant in 1525.