The simple block house is located in the midst of the pristine wilderness of the Cluozza Valley, the first valley of the National Park. Located at 1,882 meters, the refuge was built as early as 1910.
The only hut with a warden in the Calanca Valley is situated at 2,078 meters, near the Buffalora Pass, the passage to the Misox. It offers a spectacular view.
The cozy, small house is located at 2,503 meters above Lake Toma, the source of the Rhine. The hut is reached from the Oberalp Pass via Pazolastock or from Maighels in two to three hours.