This museum is dedicated to Brother Klaus (Nicholas of Flüe, 1417-1487), father and hermit, farmer and visionary, politician and mystic, and Switzerland's only saint.
For centuries, people needed to climb down one treacherous side to climb up the other. In 1893, a wooden bridge was built over this gorge. it is 48 meters long and 100 meters high.
Niklaus von Flüe lived from 1417 until 1487, first as a farmer and councilman, then as a hermit in the Ranft Ravine. The mystic and peacemaker, who was canonized in 1947, is Switzerland's national saint and the patron of numerous churches.