St. Antonius Church

St. Antonius Church

This first church in Switzerland built from concrete was designed by the architecture professor Karl Moser. It was built between 1925 and 1927. The floor plan of the church, which is built in precast concrete, is a rectangle with the impressive...more

Ste-Trinité Church

Ste-Trinité Church

With its coating of pink granite, the spherical Ste-Trinité Church arouses curiosity. Set in the centre of the city, this singular church stands out amid the surrounding buildings. Built in 1994, its original architecture is subject to a range of...more

The church in Tenna

The church in Tenna

When the Walser people arrived in the valley, it is thought that they...more

Santa Maria del Castello

Santa Maria del...

The chapel dedicated to St. Mary sits on a hill above Osogna. It was...more

St. Antonius Church

This first church in Switzerland built from concrete was designed by the architecture professor Karl Moser. It was built between 1925 and 1927. The floor plan of the church, which is built in precast concrete, is a rectangle with the impressive size of 60 x 22 meters and a height of 22 meters. The monumental stained glass windows make St. Antonius stand out as a pioneering church structure.

St. Antonius Church
Zoom map

Ste-Trinité Church

With its coating of pink granite, the spherical Ste-Trinité Church arouses curiosity. Set in the centre of the city, this singular church stands out amid the surrounding buildings. Built in 1994, its original architecture is subject to a range of interpretations.

With its coating of pink granite, the spherical Ste-Trinité Church arouses curiosity. Set in the centre of the city, this singular church stands out amid the surrounding buildings. Built in 1994, its original architecture is subject to a range of interpretations.

Ste-Trinité Church
Zoom map

The church in Tenna

When the Walser people arrived in the valley, it is thought that they built their first church here in about 1350. It is dedicated to St. Valentine, now known as the patron saint of lovers - no wonder that so many people choose to get married here, with the fantastic views of the Safien valley. Some wall-paintings that have been preserved because they were painted over during the Reformation were only rediscovered in the nave in 1957.

The church in Tenna
Zoom map

Santa Maria del Castello

The chapel dedicated to St. Mary sits on a hill above Osogna. It was built on the ruins of a medieval castle. Dating back to the 16th century, it was restored in 1972. The winged altar is the work of Ivo Strigel from Memmingen (1494). At its center, St. George and St. Markus are depicted, on the inner sides are the images of the saints Jacob and Wolfgang, on the outer sides Christopher and Anna Metterza.

Santa Maria del Castello
Zoom map