The Romans bred woolly grazing pigs, occasionally called their horses "lecher" and sifted remnants of spices from their wine before drinking it. At least that's what they did in Augusta Raurica, the best-preserved Roman town north of the Alps.
The internationally-renowned Convent of St. John in Müstair enjoys UNESCO World Cultural Heritage listing and owes its existence and uniqueness to Charlemagne. It is one of the few existing architectural examples from the Carolingian period.
Chillon Castle is located on a rock on the banks of Lake Geneva. The water castle is the most visited historic building in Switzerland. For nearly four centuries Chillon was the residence and profitable toll station of the Counts of Savoy.
Opened in 1896 by the Badrutt family and still owned by them, this hotel has a legendary reputation. 157 guest rooms including 38 suites enjoy views of the Alps. Delicious meals are served in "Le Restaurant" (15 Gault Millau points), the grand dame of the 7 first-class restaurants. Completely renovated beauty and wellness centre, exclusive shopping gallery, kids club and recreational services for teenagers.