Starting in Zermatt, crowned by the world- famous summit of Matterhorn, you’ll head across the 2,033 m Oberalp Pass, before taking in the up to 400-m-deep Rhine Gorge, the castle- dotted Domleschg Valley where Ortenstein Castle stands proud, and the Engadine with its traditional sgraffito houses. With its massive panoramic windows, the Glacier Express commands tremendous views of all the must-see landscapes and sights – should you so wish, we’ll even bring a freshly prepared meal directly to your seat.
FactsRoute: Zermatt–St. Moritz
Distance: 291 km
Duration: 8 h 03 min
- Matterhorn glacier paradise – view of French, Italian and Swiss peaks reaching almost 4,000 m
- Gornergrat – view from 3,131 m of Matterhorn and 28 other four-thousanders
- Rhine Gorge – explore the Swiss “Grand Canyon” (between Ilanz and Reichenau) on foot, by bike or raft
- Lake Sils – Europe’s highest scheduled excursion boat at 1,800 m
- Corvatsch – the highest mountain station in the Eastern Alps at 3,303 m – Paradise for skiers and hikers
Dining and Wining
Service at your seat.
Dish of the day (CHF 30)
3-course menu (CHF 43)
ReservationCompulsory for panorama trains (max. of 90 days in advance)
Reservation supplement summer CHF 33
Reservation supplement winter CHF 13
Reservation not required for regular scheduled services.