A network of walking trails of over a hundred kilometres extends down along the flanks of the mountain. The Rigi is also well known for its rich Alpine flora of around 1000 species. A cableway leads from Vitznau to Hinterbergen, where guests can enjoy the views from the sun terrace of the restaurant. A further small cableway transports visitors from Vitznau to the Wissifluh mountain restaurant, a starting point for many walks and treks.
The traffic-free resort of Rigi Kaltbad, the Queen of the Mountains with its heavenly peace and clear air, offers an ideal change of scenery for the finest days of the year. Visitors to Rigi discover a broad range of activities awaiting them: ski pistes, sled runs, ice-rinks, panoramic cross-country courses, horse-drawn sleigh rides and 30 km of winter rambling paths. The alpine and cross-country skiing school in Rigi Kaltbad covers ski instruction for beginners. Connections to Rigi are excellent with cog railways from Vitznau and Goldau and a cable car from Weggis.
- Sunrise Rides - Every Sunday from June to September, visitors enjoy sunrise cable car rides from Goldau to Rigi Kulm. Experience a magnificent sunrise (accompanied by the moving sounds of the Alphorn) at Rigi Kulm. A delicious breakfast on Rigi Staffel concludes the experience.
- Dinner in a floating restaurant - Every Saturday from July to September, the panoramic aerial cable car Weggis – Rigi Kaltbad is transformed into a romantic floating restaurant. Enjoy an unforgettable adventure at a lofty height, surrounded by a breathtaking panorama.
- Rigi carriage rides and horse-drawn sleigh rides – all year round, Haflinger horses pull visitors at a leisurely pace through the magnificent landscape. Horse-drawn carriage rides with snacks or a fondue as well as luggage transfer and shuttle service are also offered.
- Nostalgic steam show - presented of Sundays in July and August with history steeped Rigi-rail locomotives that take you up the steep mountain climb.
- The wrestlers, alpine farmers and dairymen celebrate a traditional festival on the Rigi. Local wrestlers compete and test their strength in magnificent natural surroundings. Besides wrestling, other alpine games such as rock throwing, finger wrestling (“Hägglen“), pole climbing and racing take place.
- Rigi Dixie and Swing Weekend – On three days a handful of exquisite bands will set the mood with eclectic music for your listening pleasure. The evening jam sessions are legendary.
Is Hotel Bellevue at Rigi Kaltbad still open? If not, does anyone know when it closed?