International Organ Music Festival in the Church of Magadino. Thanks to the many possibilities offered by the Mascioni organ (built in 1951 and then modified by Mascioni himself, featuring 2,300 pipes and boasting some 40 registers), the Magadino Festival continues to offer its complete overview of the existing organ canon. In addition to courageous experiments juxtaposing the organ alongside other instruments, instrumental bands and choirs, the presence of famous musicians and young talents assured an amazingly varied programme year after year.
The concerts take place in the parish church of Magadino and begins at 8.30 p.m.
- Friday, July 3:Sophie-V.Cauchefer-Choplin (France)
- Sunday, July 5:Johannes Sandner,Seeun Oh -Pipe organ duel(Germany, Korea)
This concert will take place in the parish church in Gordola
- Monday July 6:Gerhard Gnann (Germany)
This concert will take place in the Collegiata Church in Bellinzona
- Tuesday July 7:Peter Togni (Canada)
- Sunday July 12:Els Biesemans (Belgium)
- Tuesday July 14:Giovanni Feltrin (Italy)
- Friday July 17:Theo Wegmann – Pipe organ,Patrick Berger - Trumpet(Switzerland)
Praeludium et Fuga G-Dur BWV 541 Johann Sebastian Bach
Info: Ascona-LocarnoTourism, tel 091 795 18 66
Download the program of the festival .
More infoon www.organ-festival.ch .
The content presented here is provided and updated by regional/local tourist offices or event organisers, which is why Switzerland Tourism is unable to guarantee the correctness of the contents.