Large meadows, gentle hills, thick forests, fields and orchards characterize “The Sun Corner of Lake Constance Thurgau”. And don’t forget the amazing view of the lake. The region has been awarded the “Families Welcome” seal of approval, awarded to vacation destinations with offerings specially oriented towards the needs and wishes of children and their chaperones.
Various family offerings, five swimming facilities with a place for grilling and extensive offerings for active guests make The Sun Corner Lake Constance a popular vacation destination in Eastern Switzerland.
- Educational Fruit Trail Altnau – hike through orchards, which have a magnificent view of Lake Constance. Sixteen markers inform visitors about the art of growing fruit. Now also with animation for children.
- Oak Trail Güttingen – hiking trail through Güttingen Forest, which boasts mighty old oaks. Eight orientation signposts tell visitors what is special about the oak forest.
- Culture Trail Münsterlingen – makes the visitor aware of the scientific, historic and economic significance of the micro-region surrounding the hospital center of Münsterlingen.
- Panorama Trail Langrickenbach – entices you to hike, jog and ride a bike, while enjoying the wonderful mountain panorama and the view of Lake Constance.
- Altnau Apple Weeks – for about two weeks it’s all about apples in Altnau (September)
- Village Market of Altnau – Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m (July to mid-August)
- Lantern Trail Altnau – marvelous trail with Christmas stories (mid-November to the end of December)