Grächen is not only an attractive destination because of its natural beauty, but also due to its numerous leisure facilities and the extremely child-friendly infrastructure, ranging from a children’s restaurant via the Native Indian fort to the entertainment programme. In Grächen, the children are magically turned into princes and princesses, while the parents can relax in regal style.
Families can set up camp individually in the Native Indian village on Hannigalp. The authentically furnished tepee tents, with a stake and fireplace, reflect the charm of the prairie, and allow children to immerse themselves in the adventures of the Wild West.
On the exclusive Ravensburger Spieleweg – a games trail – families can combine an enjoyable walk with exciting games. Playing with the ‘crazy labyrinth’ or the ‘Matterhorn climber’ turns a family hike into an afternoon of games. Each of the 16 huts and games stations becomes a stage on the way to the final destination.
There is also guaranteed fun at the adventure playground ‘Robis playground in the forest. In the haunted house, on the giant slide, and on the fairytale-themed walk, all the dreams of adventure come true.
Grächen has a reputation as an outstanding area for walking. Passionate hikers appreciate the 250 km network of walking trails which covers the forest, the mountain lake, burbling irrigation channels, and the entrance to the snout of the glacier. The Hannigalp (2,100 m) is the heart of the hiking region: it links the mountain path to Saas-Fee with the Europaweg (Europe Trail) between Zermatt and Grächen – the most famous and beautiful mountain hiking trails in the Alps.
Grächen is an eldorado for families in winter. They can have fun and games in Switzerland’s largest and most exciting familiy park, the "SiSu Familienpark". The three-storey family park, covering an area of more than 50,000m2, offers everything that makes the hearts of families beat faster. With four magic carpets, a ski carousel, a hang-glider, a snowtubing run, visiting the ‘cinema in the igloo’ or the ‘Mäc SiSu’ family restaurant, will make the ski learners feel totally contented and happy. The day nursery is right in the skiing area, so parents can leave their children in the care of professional staff without any worries. 38 km of winter walking paths, a toboggan run and 23 km of snowshoe trails also tempt non-skiers to venture out into the snow-covered winter landscape.
With 42 km of pistes, the skiing region is easy to navigate, snow-assured up to 2,858 m altitude, and impresses with its majestic scenery. The highest Swiss mountains are so close one could almost touch them. Mogul pistes and a fun park complete the range of facilities on offer.
The holiday resort has been awarded the ‘Families welcome’ quality mark, providing all the facilities parents could wish for: Children’s equipment for hire and childcare, as well as a kids hotel, playgrounds and a swimming pool are just some of the facilities on offer.
- Irrigation channels – walking along the 4 irrigation channels, which go back 400 years, is a particularly pleasant experience. For the children to play, and for the adults to meditate.
- Indian Adventures – Bows and arrows, bison hunting, riding and Indian dances: in the Native Indian village on the Hannigalp, you’ll experience the most exciting Indian adventures. Tepee tents can be hired individually.
- Aero-Jump – with these amazing springs, young and old hop through Grächen. Guaranteed fun and an adrenaline boost!
- Ravensburger Games Trail – A playful walk along the Ravensburg Games Trail: 16 games huts and stations, ranging from ‘memory’ to ‘snakes and ladders’
- Legendary landscape with 22 original Grächen legends to read or listen to (in dialect) on the MP3 player.
- Kneippen – two Kneipp gardens at Grächen Lake and in the forest have water treading facilities, dry pools with pebbles and an herb garden.
- Hiking with GPS devices – an exciting adventure for children of all ages.
- Daily animation program: Observing wild animals, baking pizza and rye bread, and much more.
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Grächen - St. Niklaus