The thermal spa of Yverdon-les-Bains combines the beneficial characteristics of the sulphur water and modern, in recent years completely renovated spa facilities with an attached 4-star hotel. Thanks to its sulphur- and magnesium-rich sources Yverdon has a long tradition as a thermal health spa and centre for healing, as the ruins of the Roman spa testify. Primeval menhirs and medieval castles bear further testimony to 6000 years of history.
The Grande Cariçaie nature preserve extends alongside the sparsely populated and developed southern border of the lake. The area is home to 1000 plant and 10 000 animal species. From May to October visitors have the opportunity to explore the natural wealth of the marshy lakeside at the Champ-Pittet nature preserve centre in the immediate vicinity of Yverdon. Trails across the marsh, forest and prairie landscape as well as a bird-watching centre allow visitors to have an intensive nature experience.
The cultural town of Yverdon offers a few unusual museums: with the "House from Elsewhere" ("Haus von Anderswo") Yverdon boasts the first science fiction museum in Europe. At the Savoy Castle, which dates from the 13th century and dominates the old town, an exhibition documents the history of the town and region. The same building also houses the Swiss Fashion Museum. At the castle and later also at the town hall - another site well worth seeing - the famous Swiss pedagogue Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi - influenced early on by Jean-Jacques Rousseau's ideas on education - from 1805 to 1825 ran an education institute for poor children which became world-famous.
- Thermal spa centre - sulphur water thermal spa with two outdoor and one indoor pool, and various additional facilities
- "House from Elsewhere" ("Haus von Anderswo") - the only science fiction museum in the world
* Swiss Fashion Museum - collection of 3000 rare and precious garments and accessories
- Pestalozzi Yverdon documentation and research centre dedicated to the pedagogue Johann Heinrich Pestalozzi (1746-1827).
- Champ-Pittet - nature preserve centre in the Grande Cariçaie wetland.
SBB RailAway leisure shop
Combined offer: journey using public transport and leisure offer (also for existing tickets) to Yverdon-les-Bains