Check-in at Swiss railway stationsWith this service you can enjoy your Swiss holiday right up to the very last minute. On the day before your flight departure from Switzerland, simply check-in your baggage at the nearest railway station. At the same time you will be given your flight Boarding Card with your requested seat number on the aircraft. It's that easy. What better way to end your Swiss vacation – with no baggage to worry about, and no queuing up at the airport check-in. This special service is available at Zurich and Geneva airports and is offered by many charter carriers, SWISS International Air Lines, Lufthansa and other selected carriers.
Airline List (159 KB)
Please note that you cannot check-in your baggage at any railway station more than 24 hours before your flight departure. For charter flight baggage, please enquire about check-in times at the station.
Check-in times via airport Zurich / Geneva Check-in times via airport Bern
If a check-in service is not available at your nearest railway station, Swiss Federal Railways offers an alternative Airport Baggage service. Simply hand in your baggage at your nearest railway station – and it will be delivered to your departure airport for pre-flight collection by you. Then check-in in the normal way at the airport. Per item of baggage CHF 22.
Good to know.
- When checking in your baggage at a Swiss railway station you will be required to present your passport – including visa if applicable – as well as the air tickets of all passengers (with OK booking entry or electronic ticketing number).
- Maximum weight per item of baggage 32 kg.
- In the event of excess baggage, you will receive your Boarding Card at the airport upon payment of your excess baggage fee.
- Valuables and breakable items should not be included in check-in baggage.
- Bulky items (such as bicycles, surfboards, skis) can not be checked in.
- For reasons of security, these items cannot be transported.
- Baggage check-in with Boarding Card and luggage costs CHF 22 per item of baggage
- Check-in with Boarding Card but without luggage (travelling with hand luggage only) costs CHF 12.-
Travel baggage outside SwitzerlandYour Swiss holiday is over and you want to make the journey home rested, relaxed – and without having to worry about your baggage. No problem – there's a special service for that, too. Simply check-in your luggage at any railway station in Switzerland (you must be in possession of a valid Swiss rail ticket). Within four working days your baggage will reach the delivery address supplied by you (private or hotel). This service is valid for Austria, France, Germany, Luxembourg and Italy. It is regretted that delivery to a railway station or airport outside Switzerland is not possible. When checking-in your baggage in Switzerland you will be required to provide the delivery address, postcode and telephone number.
Good to know.
- Baggage must not exceed 25 kg. per item in weight or 100x60x30 cm. in size
- Offer is limited to three items of baggage per passenger
- Bicycles can be transported only to Germany or Austria
- Passengers travelling individually pay CHF 33 per item of baggage
- Families and groups (minimum 6 persons) pay CHF 27 per item of baggage