It’s hard to say what is the most beautiful stretch of the Wilhelm Tell Express. Some might say it’s the train ride on the world-famous Gotthard Line, which goes through many spiral tunnels, ranging from 200 m to 1,100 m, and heads through the 15 km Gotthard Tunnel, which opened in 1882. During the summer months, you’ll have a personal travel companion in the first-class panorama carriage to Flüelen. From there, you’ll take the historic paddle steamer, passing such historic landmarks as Tell’s Chapel, Rütli meadow, and the Schiller memorial stone. A delicious menu is served in the elegant onboard restaurant.
Distance: 182 km
Duration: 5 h 21 min
Distance: 173 km
Duration: 5 h
- Swissminiatur – Switzerland on a small scale; admire the detailed model houses, landmarks, trains and boats
- Monte Brè – the sunniest mountain in Switzerland commands far-reaching views to Monte Rosa and the Bernese and Valais Alps
- Brissago Islands – subtropical garden paradise on Lago Maggiore
- The three medieval castles of Bellinzona – once a fortified barrier at the gateway to the Alps, now a UNESCO World Heritage property
- Titlis – the world’s first revolving cable car and eternal snow
Dining & Wining
Meal and refreshments on the boat.
- Wilhelm Tell Express: Voucher
ReservationCompulsory (max. 60 days in advance)
Reservation supplement CHF 39 winter,
Reservation supplement CHF 49 summer incl. Welcome Package
Important: Travel on the Wilhelm Tell Express (boat and train) is 1st class only. You will therefore require a 1st class ticket, or an upgrade from 2nd to 1st.