It’s hard to say what is the most beautiful stretch of the Wilhelm Tell Express. Some might say it’s the train ride on the world-famous Gotthard Line, which goes through many spiral tunnels, ranging from 200 m to 1,100 m, and heads through the 15 km Gotthard Tunnel, which opened in 1882. During the summer months, you’ll have a personal travel companion in the first-class panorama carriage to Flüelen. From there, you’ll take the historic paddle steamer, passing such historic landmarks as Tell’s Chapel, Rütli meadow, and the Schiller memorial stone. A delicious menu is served in the elegant onboard restaurant.
Download exciting and comprehensive information about the "Wilhelm Tell Express" with highlights as well as the most important facts and figures Brochure Wilhelm Tell Express (890 KB)
Distance: 182 km
Duration: 5 h 21 min
Distance: 173 km
Duration: 5 h
- Swissminiatur – Switzerland on a small scale; admire the detailed model houses, landmarks, trains and boats
- Monte Brè – the sunniest mountain in Switzerland commands far-reaching views to Monte Rosa and the Bernese and Valais Alps
- Brissago Islands – subtropical garden paradise on Lago Maggiore
- The three medieval castles of Bellinzona – once a fortified barrier at the gateway to the Alps, now a UNESCO World Heritage property
- Titlis – the world’s first revolving cable car and eternal snow
Dining & Wining
Meal and refreshments on the boat.
- Wilhelm Tell Express: Voucher
ReservationCompulsory (max. 60 days in advance)
Reservation supplement CHF 39 winter,
Reservation supplement CHF 49 summer incl. Welcome Package
Important: Travel on the Wilhelm Tell Express (boat and train) is 1st class only. You will therefore require a 1st class ticket, or an upgrade from 2nd to 1st.