The impressive scenery and the surrounding summits offer extensive hiking trails in the summer and versatile winter sports possibilities in the winter. Our beautiful region has been certified with the label “families welcome” because our younger guests are particularly well looked after in Bellwald.
In the summer, Bellwald offers the ideal infrastructure for kids and their families. Modern playgrounds, ideal grill places, Indian tents, mountain lakes and buggy-suited hiking trails. Our various animation programs reach from supervised child adventure weeks, tennis tournaments to climbing routes and much more. In Bellwald, children still have the opportunity to get wild.
Challenge your family at minigolf or stay with your dearest on the edge of a clear as crystal Mountain Lake and enjoy the breath-taking view. Use with your friends the large tennis and soccer field. Rush down from the alp on a monster kickboard or improve your bike technique on the Downhill track. Whatever offer you take advantage of, you will experience the hospitality of the Valais very closely.
Our sun blessed ski resort extends from 1600 m up to 2560 m above sea level and offers over 31km of various slopes. With the snow cannons, snow security is ensured up to the end of the season. Two chair lifts and two ski lifts bring our guests fast and comfortably to those outstandingly prepared slopes. Panorama slopes with a view to the Matterhorn, difficult steep slopes, broad carving slopes or gentle beginner hills - we offer exactly the adequate to all guests.
Freestyle can be practiced in the Snowpark while the young ones can playfully acquire their first ski experience in the Snowgarden. In the childcare service Snowli, our trained staff takes care of the youngest ones, which do not stand on skis yet.
Experience pure nature, silence and harmony either on one of the many snow trails, or on one of the prepared winter hiking trails or on a 5 km classic Nordic skiing slope. In only 30 minutes by car or comfortably by public transportation you can reach the Nordic paradise between Niederwald and Oberwald. Those who prefer some more action can take advantage of the sledge slope.
- Hiking in the area of the UNESCO Park Jungfrau-Aletsch to the Risihorn (2876 m. above sea level.)
- The sport and leisure facilities offer a broad selection of possibilities in beautiful scenery.
- The 2200m long Downhill trail, on which each year at the beginning of october the season’s final of the IXS Downhill Cups takes place, inspires bikers all over Europe.
- The parish church and the original old village center with its typically sun burned houses and barns.
- Snowpenair Cinema - winter open air cinema with well-known Blockbuster (March)
- Joyful Waterslide Contest for everyone (April)