A symbol of the avant-garde, the La Miroiterie commercial building is located in the centre of the Flon platform directly in front of the main square. It is clad in cushion-like, translucent membrane that is illuminated at night. This makes the building appear lighter than air while allowing the daylight to shine through. The wall-less floors are supported by a visible, oblique steel structure.
The basin of this prestigious fountain dates back to 1557 and the Justice statue dates back to 1585 (this is a copy). Along with the town hall, it has witnessed the growth of the town through the years.
The “flamme de l'amitié”, designed by Mexican artist Leonardo Nierman, is now part of the private collection of the International Olympic Committee. It adorns a roundabout that leads to the new Philip Morris complex and symbolizes the close relationship between the city, international business, culture and sports.