Life Science and Chemical IndustriesBasel has the highest density of successful Life Sciences Companies world wide. The headquarters of Roche and Novartis, two of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, are located in Basel.
Creative IndustriesArt, design and architecture play an outstanding role in Basel, and are closely linked to its economy. The annual trade fair «Basel World» has turned Basel into one of the most significant commercial centers for the watch and jewellery business. Over almost 40 years «Art Basel» has established itself as the leading trade fair for contemporary art world wide.
All about the Business Destination Switzerland
Strengths of the city
Incentive activity summer
City Treasure Hunt
If you want to discover the concealed treasures, peculiarities and other hidden nooks and crannies of Basel from a slightly different perspective, the city treasure hunt is the ideal activity for you.
- Duration: 1-8 houres
- Participants: unlimited
- Costs: From CHF 15.- per person
Incentive activity winter
Discover Christmas in Basel
Visiting Basel at the Christmastime during a guided city tour. The city tour is connected with a short visit at the Christmas house of Johann Wanner and ends with a cheese- fondue at a ship of the Basel Personenschifffahrt.
- Duration: Up to 5 hours (Just available from 23.11 - 23.12)
- Participants: min. 6 participants
- Costs: CHF 93.- (excl. drinks at the dinner)
Services provided by the Basel Convention Bureau
- Venue Search – Search for the suitable venue
- Obtaining and management of the room allocations
- Providing of visual- and text material about Basel
- Complete Meeting Package Basel