Vaduz Castle lies on a hillside 120 metres above Vaduz. It is the symbol of the capital and can be seen from far away.
It is thought that the castle was constructed as a fortress as early as the 12th century, before living quarters were added in 1287. Vaduz Castle is first mentioned in documents dating back to 1322.
The castle came into the ownership of the Princely Family in 1712 and the west wing served as the family's official residence until 1732. However, after that the building became increasingly dilapidated and fell into disrepair before being rebuilt and renovated between 1905 and 1912.
Under Prince Franz Josef II the castle was extended and once again made fit for living. In 1939 the Prince moved in with his family and adopted Vaduz Castle as his official residence.
Unfortunately, the castle is closed to visitors. However, guided tours of Vaduz give interesting insights into the history of the castle and the Princely House.
The history of the Princes of Liechtenstein
본 페이지에 게재된 정보는 스위스 내 해당 지역 관광청에서 직접 작성한 것으로, 스위스정부관광청에서는 잘못된 정보에 대한 책임을 지지 않습니다. 이점 양해의 말씀드립니다.