A migrant from the Grisons to the Valais
In the cozy dining room they eyes of a stuffed deer head have been staring into the plates of the hotel guests for decades. The impressive trophy from an uneven twelve-pointer is the head of the first deer that had wandered from the Grisons via Uri to the Valais in the early 1940s. However, when the animal began to graze in the vegetable gardens of Binn, the Valais government imposed the death sentence which was enforced soon after. It is not known who shot the deer, but in any event, its head has been mounted on the wall of Hotel Ofenhorn ever since.
연인을 위한 전통 호텔
The hotel was built 125 years ago for English visitors - Winston Churchill also stayed in the Binn Valley in 1897. The spirit of the Belle Époque, the pioneering days of the hotel industry, is still felt today: Originally preserved floors, ceilings and walls decorated in the Biedermeier and Art Nouveau styles, with furniture dating from the founding period. The hotel is a listed building and was honoured in 2008 with the label "Swiss Historic Hotels".
연인을 위한 스위스 호텔For more than 125 years now, the Hotel Ofenhorn in the romantic Binn Valley has provided hikers, geologists and nature lovers with an ideal base for expeditions all through the valley.
An impressive stone edifice, it dominates the nationally important village of Binn with its typically Valaisan-style wooden chalets.
The hotel was purchased by the Pro Binntal Cooperative in 1987 so as to save it from closure and dereliction.
During the past few years, it has been stylishly renovated and restored in close cooperation with the authorities responsible for historic monuments.