The village of Sattel is on the road over from Goldau and Schwyz towards Lake Aegeri and the upland valley of the Biber, in the direction of Einsiedeln and Lake Zurich. It was on the territory of Sattel, in the hamlet of Schornen by the Morgarten mountain, that a battle took place on 15 November 1315 between the Habsburgs and the people of Schwyz and their confederates, which went down in history as the “first freedom battle” fought by the Confederation. The Habsburg army was utterly wiped out. Today the Battle of Morgarten is remembered by a memorial on Lake Aegeri and a chapel.
Sattel-Hochstuckli offers a really special cable-car experience: "Stuckli Rondo" is the first cable-car in the world to have revolving gondolas, taking passengers in comfort from Sattel up to "Stuckli Run" summer sledging run (with steep-sided bends and tunnels), to the jumping paradise of "Stuckli Jump" (trampoline and bouncy castle), the Engelstock adventure trail, the starting point for walks and hikes and to the mountain restaurants.
There’s plenty of fun, sport and adventure in summer. The new pedestrian suspension bridge "Raiffeisen Skywalk" is the highlight of the Sattel-Hochstuckli adventure area. Visitors enjoy the experience of being on a suspension bridge on Europe’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge - which is 374 meters long and 58 meters high. The "Raiffeisen Skywalk" can be easily combined with circular hiking tours. It is also wheelchair- and stroller-friendly.
No inverno, a região se torna uma área de esportes própria para famílias, com 14km de encostas e 20km de pistas de esqui nórdico. Para entusiastas de trenó, as descidas aceleradas de Mostelberg a Sattel são verdadeiramente uma aventura (e a pista também fica aberta durante a noite, em certas datas). Passeios com raquetes de neve fazem de um dia na neve uma maravilha, principalmente com um prato de fondue ou "moonlight" ao término da experiência.
- "Stuckli Rondo" – the world’s first cable-car ride to have panoramic gondolas which revolve twice on their axis during the ride.
- “Raiffeisen Skywalk" - Europe’s longest pedestrian suspension bridge. Enjoy the experience of being on a suspension bridge on the 374-meter walk. Next to the mountain station.
- Battle of Morgarten – victory of the Confederate forces over the Habsburgs in the year 1315. Remembered in the Morgarten memorial on Lake Aegeri and a chapel.
- Bärgmärcht Sattel – market in a marquee at the Roller Park (September/October).
- Morgartenfeier – celebration in memory of the Battle of Morgarten with procession, church service and Morgarten shooting competition (November).