The village of Stoos is set in a delightful alpine landscape at the foot of the Fronalpstock mountain, on a sunny alpine plateau of the same name at about 1300 m. Stoos is reached by funicular railway via Schlattli (from Schwyz on the road to Muotathal) or from Morschach by cable-car. The little village, with its hotels, holiday apartments and group accommodation is an ideal holiday destination for families.
Fronalpstock (1,922 meters) is the local mountain that can be reached on foot or with one of the cable cars. From this imposing viewpoint (where there is overnight accommodation), there is an impressive panoramic view of ten lakes, down to Brunnen and over to the Rütli, Pilatus, Rigi, Säntis, the high Alps and the central lowlands as far as the Jura.
Summer visitors will find attractive routes for hiking, strolling and climbing among varied alpine flora and fauna. The marshland at 1,300 meters above sea level is an ideal excursion destination where visitors can find plenty of excitement and expand their knowledge of moors. On the way you can enjoy tasty specialities from local alpine cheese-makers at the two inns in Laui and Tröligen. There are four marked Nordic Walking Trails of varying degrees of difficulty to encourage followers of this fashionable sport.
You can discover the diversity of Central Switzerland by taking a boat ride on Lake Lucerne, a walk along the “Swiss Path”, an excursion to the Swiss Holiday Park in Morschach or to the zoo at Goldau.
A área de desportos de inverno em Fronalpstock e Klingenstock inclui oito instalações, que tornam acessíveis 35 km de pistas. Além disso, está disponível um parque de diversões. A escola de desportos de inverno também ensina aos menores a utilização correta das pranchas. Os esquiadores de longa distância podem deslizar por 10 km pelo local turístico Stoos. Uma pista de 2 km está aguardando os trenós e airboarders e são preparadas também trilhas para caminhadas de inverno e trilhas para raquetes de neve.
- Come by funicular railway Schwyz-Schlattli-Stoos – the journey on Europe’s steepest funicular railway is an adventure in itself.
- Fronalpstock – the high alpine footpaths from the Klingenstock have some of the finest views anywhere – as does the route over to the Fronalpstock, which takes several hours, or the newly marked Summit Circular Route.
- Hölloch karst caves in Muotathal – at about 190 km, the longest cave in Europe and the fifth largest cave system in the world. Can only be visited by guided tour.
- Swiss Holiday Park in Morschach – combines a vast range of accommodation and a conference centre with a huge Wellness & Spa Oasis and a sports and adventure park.
- Themed walks in Morschach – the Chapels and Panorama Trails, woodland park with playground, BBQ places and viewing points and access to the "Swiss Path".
- Lake Lucerne – historic steamers and launches invite you to discover the landscape from the water.
- Carnaval de Stoos com corridas de banheiras – a chegada do Entrudo é antecipada com expetativa pois proporciona muito divertimento e boa disposição em Stoos (janeiro).
- Firnschneefest – a atmosfera descontraída na festa mais famosa de final da estação, no abrigo alpino de Stoos, é uma dica bem guardada e muito aguardada (março).
- Fronalpstock live – noites de verão memoráveis e bem passadas para um público seleto em Stoos ob Schwyz (junho - setembro).