The pretty little old town of Visp in the Rhone Valley is one of the most important cultural and wine-growing centres in the Valais. With the opening of the L��tschberg base tunnel, Visp became a new railway hub for visits to the central and upper Valais, and excursions to Saas-Fee, Zermatt, Leukerbad and the Aletsch Glacier. Its wide range of accommodation including hotels, holiday apartments, group accommodation, mountain huts and two camp sites makes it a perfect place to stay, away from the bustle of the big resorts.
With 500 km of hiking trails, the Visp region is primarily hiking country in summer, but there are also a wide range of tracks for bikers. Because of the dry, almost desert-like climate on the sunny mountain slopes of the Rhone Valley, an extensive network of irrigation channels was built centuries ago by farmers of the region. This is why the area is so fertile today. Discover the 28 different flowers used for making Bach flower therapies along a special themed trail in Eggerberg; then visit the wild, romantic Turtmann Valley, where you can watch tasty mountain cheese being made the traditional way in the show cheese dairy.
A regi��o de esqui de "Rund um Visp" compreende dois resorts de esqui principais: a regi��o de Augstbord e a ponta do Vispertal, incluindo Visperterminen. 28 telef��ricos e telecadeiras ascendem, destes plat��s, a 2.540m de altura. O carrossel de resorts de esqui formado por B��rchen/T��rbel e Unterb��ch, com Eischoll, cercam o Augstbordhorn, com um ��nibus de esqui gratuito circulando entre eles. Aqueles em busca de paz e tranquilidade devem dirigir-se ��s encostas de Gspon, alcan����vel pelo bonde que sai de Stalden ou Staldenried.
Um passe de esqui unificado d�� acesso a todas estas regi��es, onde voc�� tamb��m encontrar�� espa��o para as atividades de snowboard, carving, esqui n��rdico e trilhas para caminhadas de inverno, assim como pistas de tren�� preparadas. Cada resort tamb��m possui suas pr��prias trilhas demarcadas, para raquetes de neve, com tr��s n��veis de dificuldade. H�� tamb��m um rinque de gelo coberto em Visp, ao passo que B��rchen, Raron e Visperterminen possuem rinques naturais a c��u aberto.
- Old town of Visp: Visp is the centre of the region and has a pretty little town centre.
- Visperterminen: the highest vineyard in Europe at 1150 metres. This is where the fruity-spicy Heida white wine is pressed from Traminer grapes.
- Raron: fortified hilltop castles and a baroque church dominate the historic old part of the town where the poet Rainer Maria Rilke chose to be buried.
- Safrandorf Mund: the only village in central Europe where the precious spice, saffron, has been grown since the middle ages
- Birkendorf B��rchen: visitors can re-energise themselves here in the shade of the birch-lined avenue with some fresh birch juice.
- P��rum��rt ��� traditional farmers��� market (September).