Inspite of its political and economic significance and its traditional cosmopolitan atmosphere Samedan has retained its Engadine art of living. In the village center tradition-rich rows of houses with their Sgraffito offer good photo opportunites and subjects for picture postcards. For the culturally inclined, the village has exciting highlights, especially the renovated church tower “La Tuor”. The Planta House surprises people with its museum for living culture. With the Rhaeto-Romanic library and its many books it ensures that Engadine’s culture remains a living part of the present.
Samedan is a mecca for glider pilots. Modern trails delight biking enthusiasts. In front of the gates of Samedan the 18-hole golf course makes golfers’ hearts beat faster, and in the midst of the historic village center one can bathe on four storeys – from the ground floor to the roof. Not to be missed: the majestic view of the Upper Engadine Lake District from one of the most spectacular panoramic mountains – Muottas Muragl.
Para os pequenos, há um teleférico que corre sobre o vilarejo, ideal para aquelas primeiras tentativas num esqui ou snowboard, ou também para ótimos passeios de tobogã. Conexões excelentes de trem e ônibus garantem o acesso rápido e fácil a outras áreas de esqui da região. Uma pista de esqui no vale desce diretamente da área de esqui de Corviglia-Marguns de volta a Samedan. Aqueles que gostam de pistas de esqui nórdico abertas e bem projetadas concordarão que nossas condições são ideais, enquanto os praticantes de trekking que usem nossas trilhas padrão para caminhadas de inverno, ficarão encantados. A pista de tobogã de 4,2km em Muottas Muragl completa o leque de ofertas de inverno.
- Old St. Peter Parish Church: Romanesque tower, around 1200, chancel from 1491, Gothic aisle from 1492
- Ref. Parish Church in the square: built in 1771, trapezium shaped aisle, tower restored in 1966 and 1999 and described as the most exquisite in Graubünden
- Plantahaus (The Planta House): Manor house of the Salis family (northern part around 1600, extension of southern part around 1760). The Plantahaus is now owned by the Fundaziun de Planta Samedan and has a valuable Romanesque library.
- Tower Block (Surtour) of the former Lords of Samedan was built after 1110 and later served as a prison with built-in cells.
- Out of the Blue’s Festival. On that weekend Samedan turns into a “New Orleans of the Alps” (January)
- Women’s Races – 17-km traditional women’s cross-country skiing race from Samedan to S-chanf (March)