The small, modern winter sports centre of Thyon, with its many holiday apartments, enjoys a beautiful panorama of the Bernese, Valais and Vaud (Waadtland) Alps, dominated by the 4000 metre peaks of the world-famous Matterhorn and the majestic Dent Blanche.
While the holiday region of Thyon is most popular in the winter season, summer guests also enjoy the fresh alpine air, the peace and quiet in summer, the vast hiking area and the exciting mountain bike routes. Two descents begin at the top station of the Etherolla chair lift, connecting up in Thyon with a third which takes bikers from Thyon to Les Collons.
Like in many places in the Valais, here too you can walk with no great differences in altitude along the "Suonen", the irrigation channels that were built hundreds of years ago. For a change, you can also try riding, keep-fit, climbing, bowling, paragliding or hang-gliding. The Rhone valley with the Sierre/Salgesch wine-growing region is within easy reach for excursions.
A região de Les Collons / Thyon 2000 forma o portão de entrada oriental para uma das maiores áreas contínuas de esqui nos Alpes: os "Quatro Vales" (incluindo os resorts de Thyon, Veysonnaz, Nendaz, La Tzoumaz e Verbier) oferecem um total de mais de 90 teleféricos e 400 km de pistas. A área de Thyon sozinha tem mais de 10 teleféricos. A maioria dos alojamentos podem ser alcançados diretamente a partir das pistas ou ficam próximos aos teleféricos. Entre dezembro e abril, é possível esquiar encosta abaixo, até a vila. Praticantes de trilhas de inverno encontrarão vários quilômetros de rotas de inverno livres, assim como rotas para caminhadas com raquetes de neve e passeios de trenós puxados por cachorros.
Les Collons / Thyon 2000 é ideal para férias em família. O tráfego severamente restrito (o tráfego chega a ser proibido em Thyon 2000), a escola de esqui para crianças e a vasta gama de apartamentos de férias fazem deste resort um local especialmente apropriado para a família.
- Suonen – these are ancient irrigation channels, which run along the contours of the land, generally with no great differences in altitude, making for very pleasant walks.
- Sion – visit the capital of the Valais during your holiday, for a cultural excursion, a shopping trip or a gourmet meal out.
- Underground lake near St-Léonard – from March to November, there are boat trips on Europe's largest underground lake, which is situated between Sion and Sierre.
- The pyramids of Euseigne – the village of Euseigne, where the valley divides into the Val d'Hérens and the Val d'Hérémence, has unusual rock formations, created by natural erosion and visible from far away.
- Grande Dixence dam in the Val d'Hérémence - at 285 metres high, the highest dam in the world. Daily guided tours inside the dam wall.
- Cow processions and cow fights – the combative Eringer (Hérens) cows of the Valais fight for the title of "Queen" (end of June / beginning of July).
- Thyon 2000 Odyssey Music Festival: on the 1st Saturday of September, come and share a good musical moment with family or friends, and that more than 2100 meters high! Various artists and local groups occur on two scenes built for the occasion on the set of Thyon 2000. This gathering is meant to be friendly and dynamic, so you are cordially invited to come and experience this with us!
- Grand Raid Cristalp – considered to be the longest and toughest mountain bike race in the world, covering a distance of over 131 km and 4600 metres of difference in altitude, from Verbier via Veysonnaz, Hérémence and Evolène to Grimentz (August).