The small historic town of Weesen on the shores of the Walensee also belongs to the small holiday region of Amden-Weesen in the canton of St. Gallen. The two locations of Amden and Weesen complement one another with their summer and winter attractions and combine an Alpine idyll with a southern beach atmosphere.
In summer, Amden-Weesen invites guests to relax and enjoy themselves. The Walensee offers a wealth of cooling summer pursuits, whether on water-skis, a surfboard, boat or underwater diving. In addition to less energetic sporting activities such as tennis, vita parcours and fishing, more courageous visitors can test their skills at abseiling down the Amden dam, climbing in the nearby Churfirst region, paragliding from Pizol, canyoning in the Rombach gorge or even sky skiing on the Walensee.
The mountain station (1300m) of the Mattstock chairlift is a popular starting point for hikes along the 110 km of marked walking trails in the holiday region. The Amden high-Alpine route from Amden to the neighbouring village of Arvenbüel leads through protected moor land. Alternatively, walkers with an interest in geology can find out more about the geological formation of the region on the geological trail which starts in Schänis and leads to Amden via Weesen.
Amden torna-se um paraíso de neve no inverno, especialmente para as famílias. Esta região de esqui protegida pelas montanhas e defronte ao sul promete longas horas de sol. 25 km de pistas oferecem grande variedade de atividades para todas as faixas etárias. O carrossel de esqui Arvenbüel é ideal para iniciantes; já a face de Mattstock e a região de Bärenfall são adequados para esquiadores experientes. Para os não-praticantes de esqui há trilhas para caminhadas no inverno, passeios para raquetes de neve, um campo de gelo com iluminação natural e pistas para tobogã.
- Walensee – swimming, waterskiing, windsurfing, diving, canoeing, boat cruises and sailing.
- Betlis – the small village on the lakeshore is renowned for its mild climate. In spring, as well as after intense rainfall, the imposing Seerenabach waterfalls constitute an impressive sight.
- High moor land near Amden – wet, barren, acidic soils and vegetation adapted to such conditions form a protected landscape here of national importance.
- Geological Trail – the Schänis-Weesen-Amden geological trail is lined with information boards describing the geology of the region.
- Sarganserland-Walensee-Glarnerland GeoPark – experience mining and geology at first hand; a wide range of excursions and guided tours.
- Munggeweg in Amden - A theme path for families with children and 12 stations to let off steam with fun and games.
- Não há nenhum evento programado