The Bernese Alps up close: The fascination of the High Alps is palpable already in the mountain villages, and the unique landscape welcomes visitors with lush alpine meadows, glaciers and untouched romantic valleys, which lead to a wide range of activities that guarantee rest, recreation and even a few thrills.
In addition to the unique mountain gems, the Kandertal Valley offers the romantic wilderness of natural paradises such as the Gastern Valley, Lake Blausee, located in the Nature Park, which boastss an organic trout farm, or the deep blue Oeschinen Lake in the UNESCO World Natural Heritage Region.
In summer visitors can choose among several mountain tours with various levels of difficulty, adventures in one of the most beautiful fixed rope parks of the Alps, or an introduction to mountain climbing. Historic pass crossings, theme trails for the entire family, Europe’s steepest PostBus road and much more are part of the program. The Kandertal Valley has one of the largest densities of SAC-Huts, thus offering hikers and Alpinists unforgettable tours with panoramic views of the Blümlisalp Massif and the glacier world.
The Kander Valley has made a name for itself also as a climbing area. Besides the challenging fixed rope trail to the Allmen Alps, also bouldering has retained its importance for the region – it is one of the three best spots in Switzerland.
Kandersteg é um paraíso de esqui nórdico, onde nunca falta neve. Mais de 50 quilômetros de pistas controladas (clássico e patinagem) ficam disponíveis na superfície do vale e em planaltos ensolarados. Esquiadores de pista inclinada encontrarão exatamente o que procuram no Lago Oeschinen e em Sunnbüel. As áreas de esqui são perfeitas para iniciantes, esquiadores descontraídos e famílias.
O rinque de gelo artificial de Kandersteg é ideal para patinação e curling. Nas cercanias do vilarejo, entre Blausee e o Passo Gemmi, fica a rede de trilhas para caminhantes de inverno. Para os escaladores de gelo, há o Vale Kander, e para entusiastas da pesca, é possível pescar no gelo durante o inverno.
- Lake Oeschinen – wildly romantic mountain lake at the foot of the Blüemlisalp Massif, accessible by a chairlift.
- Blausee – small lake used as a fish farm in the Kander Valley with very clean water which looks deep blue thanks to the refraction of light.
- Gastern Valley – almost closed off valley with a unique flora, hiker’s paradise on the way to the Lötschen Pass.
- Allmenalp Via Ferrata – surely one of the Alps’ most beautiful fixed-rope routes.
- BLS Railway experience trail – excititng and informative railway experience trail along the north ramp of the Lötschberg Railway, a must for railway enthusiasts and families.
- PostBus tour to the Kiental Valley – the steepest PostBus route in Europe.
- Pelzmartiga – at Christmas and on New Year’s Day wild figures pass through the village from lunchtime until late evening and play all sorts of pranks on spectators (December/January).
- International husky race – every year it attracts numerous mushers with their huskies toKandersteg (January).
- Belle Epoque Week Kandersteg – for one week, Kandersteg brings to life the era of the Belle Epoque with sports and social events (January).
- Oberländer Bike Party & Nordic-Walking Event – on two days, various posts have to be visited and stamped by bike or with Nordic Walking poles (June).
- Openair Cinema Blausee – exciting films on a 17-meter screen against a breathtaking backdrop (June / July).
- Alpcher – Culinary mountain tour – regional specialties and musical entertainments define this hike (August).