Zweisimmen lies in a wide valley floor and is one of the ten villages which constitutes the Gstaad-Saanenland region. The Rinderberg cableway leads up directly from the village centre to the largest section of the “Gstaad Mountain Rides” ski region which makes it the ideal starting point for extended skiing experiences in winter and for walks in summer. In the nearby holiday destination of Gstaad, guests will be able to gain an insight into the world of stars and rising stars who prefer to spend their vacations here.
The rambling paradise around Zweisimmen offers several themed walking trails: there is, for example, the Obersimmental ‘home trail’ which invites its walkers to marvel at the magnificent Simmental farmhouses. The classic trails here also include a ramble or a mountain bike excursion to the idyllic Seebergsee and onward, towards the Stierenberg. Here, a warm bath in a wooden tub awaits visitors who stay at a mountain lodge. Four vista-rich, high-altitude trails as well as a walking tail leading to Lenk at the head of the Upper Simmental finally round off the available walks around Zweisimmen. As an alternative, visitors can opt for scooter-based fun: riders can choose between two routes on which to coast down from the mountain into the valley on scooters with specially-equipped brakes. Several bicycle and mountain bike routes, including the downhill route on the Rinderberg round off the summer route options.
A área de esqui Gstaad Mountain Rides, que vai de Zweisimmen a Schönried, oferece 120km de diversão nas pistas (incluindo um snowpark). A via férrea Montreux–Oberland bernês liga Zweisimmen às estações teleféricas do vale que fornecem acesso à área de esqui Gstaad Mountain Rides. O platô de Sparenmoos, com neve garantida, possui 38km de pistas de esqui nórdico, sendo também o ponto de partida da pista de tobogã, de 7km de comprimento, que descende até Zweisimmen. Inúmeras trilhas para caminhadas na neve proporcionam maior diversidade e interesse.
- Sparenmoos-Zweisimmen toboggan run – 7 km of toboggan fun for the entire family, toboggans can be hired.
- Seebergsee circular walking route or mountain bike tour – from Zweisimmen up to the clear mountain lake, then further to the Stiereberg (with a tub bath at the mountain lodge) and then down to Zweisimmen again.
- Obersimmental ‘home trail’ – offers an insight into the carpentry artistry employed on the magnificent Simmental houses with their carvings and murals.
- «Golden Pass» panoramic rail journey- a day’s excursion to Montreux on Lake Geneva or to Lucerne in central Switzerland.
- Scooter fun – roll down the mountain into the valley on a special scooter.
Zweisimmen snow games – waterslide contest through the icy-cold Rinderberg water, ski-cross races, mountain bike downhill and a freestyle show: a parcours for the venturesome (January).