Ar cristalino, neve estalando sob os pés e luz do sol desde cedo até tarde. Uma vista de camarote para a Geleira Aletsch e visão clara dos picos com mais de 4.000 metros mais bonitos do Valais.
Summer vacations in the Aletsch Region are vacations in untouched nature and in an attractive hiking area. In the midst of this mountain landscape is Villa Cassel, an Information Center for the “Pro Natura” nature conservation organization. Nature enthusiasts can obtain information here on the magnificent natural arena as well as offers for courses and excursions. A beautiful mountain trail leading to Villa Cassel and through the Aletsch Forest to the ice tongue of the glacier starts at Riederalp.
In the extensive Aletsch skiing area (Riederalp, Bettmeralp and Fiescheralp), you can access by mountain train and ski lift 104 kilometers of pistes, up to an elevation 2,869 meters. The offerings also include extensive winter hiking paths, snowshoe trails and cross-country tracks. A fine raclette or fondue, accompanied by a glass of Valaisian white wine, is a pleasurable conclusion to a day of sports activities.
With its fragrant and revitalising alpine air, family-friendly Aletsch Arena is just the place for your next holiday. Traditional Valais homes, chalets and hotels lend original charm to the villages in the valley and the three traffic-free Alps.
- Great Aletsch Glacier – with a length of 23 kilometers, and with 27 billion tons of ice, it is the mightiest glacier in the Alps. It is the high point of the UNESCO World Heritage Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch.
- Aletsch Forest – Switzerland’s oldest trees (900 years old) are found at an elevation of 2,000 meters in one of Europe’s highest pine forests.
- Massa Gorge – courageous visitors can rapel in a spectacular canyon, always accompanied by an experienced mountain guide.
- Ice World Bettmerhorn – fascinating Aletsch Glacier – In the footsteps of an ice age explorer, visitors to this Multimedia Exhibition discover the secrets of the Alps’ largest glacier.
- Villa Cassel – nature Concervancy - Information Center and classic guesthouse (where Winston Churchill slept), at a magnificent location on the Riederfurka Ridge in the midst of a stunning mountain landscape.
- Eggishorn – from the 2,927-meter summit visitors enjoy magnificent vistas over the entire length of the Aletsch Glacier and of the smaller Fiescher Glacier.
- Alpine Museum Riederalp – in the historic Alpine Hut “Nagulschbalmu,” dating from 1606, you can immerse yourself in the life of mountain farmers of bygone centuries.
- The nearby town of Brig – home of the Stockalper Palace, has always played a central role.
- Aletsch Half Marathon, Bettmeralp – is considered the most beautiful half marathon in Europe. However, this should not mislead us into thinking that the 21.2 km long course does not demand a great deal from the participants (June).
- Gratzugnacht at Märjelensee lake, Fiescheralp – each year, it draws the curious and lovers of myths and legends in search of the enchanted glacier spirits to the "Märjela" valley at the edge of the massive ice flow (August).
- Gilihüsine, Bettmeralp – the traditional hitting and catching game of Gilihüsine formed the basis of Hornussen, a Swiss team sport that is still actively played today. Great fun for people of all ages with catering and musical entertainment (September).
- Gommer Advent Market, Fiesch – the traditional Christmas market is a relaxed start to the Advent season and charms visitors with its attractive programme (November).
- Winter Openings, Aletsch Arena – a fantastic start to the winter season with discount day passes, ski tests and top-class music acts (December).
- St. Nikolaus Trichje, Fiesch – every year on December 5, the “Trichjer” from Fiesch and Fieschertal parade through the village with their “Trichjen” (bells), bringing joy to young and old with their chimes (December).