With seven bedrooms, this secluded guesthouse is located 20 minutes from Winterthur and is one of the most original of its kind for miles around. With its history beginning in 1364 and the building structure dating back to the 17th century, comprehensive renovations were undertaken in 1992 before it won the award of Historic Hotel of the year in 1997. A wellness resort in its earlier days, the large wellness park from those times is still an enchanting place.
Historic hotel of the year 1997
This complex of buildings had been growing in increments over the previous three centuries when renovations respecting the historic structure were undertaken from 1990 to 1992. These comprehensive renovations also included the terrace garden and surrounding area on the south side of the building. In the 1622 core structure, a half-timbered building with a shingle roof, there is a paneled restaurant dating back to the 19th century. In the place of the former baroque bath hut, the west wing was erected in 1826 as a bathhouse where water and whey cures were offered until 1968. The east wing of the building was constructed before 1850. It comprises a dining room with a stucco ceiling and Art Nouveau chandeliers, as well as an elegant ladies' room and guest rooms. The former wellness centre is now a top quality hotel with an authentic historic building structure in an original environment. The business culture of this establishment is based on this historic legacy.