The medieval Mörsburg with its checkered history is set on a range of hills to the east of Winterthur, surrounded by greenery.
This history museum specialises in exhibits from the 17th and 18th centuries. The castle was first mentioned in 1241 as being in the possession of the Counts of Kyburg. They commissioned the building of the early Gothic chapel in 1250.
In subsequent centuries, the Habsburg and Goldenberg noble families possessed the castle before it passed into the ownership of the city of Winterthur in 1598. In addition to furniture and everyday objects from the 17th and 18th centuries, the museum also has an excellent weapon and glass collection.