The Swiss artist Max Bill created this walk-in "Pavilion Sculpture" in 1983, which may be viewed on its prime position on the Bahnhofstrasse. The stone sculpture, with its pillars, arches and plinths, is certainly one of the best-known works by the late Max Bill.
Max Bill (1908-1994) made a name for himself as an artist, architect, painter, graphic designer and sculptor. In the 1930’s, his success made him an exponent of the Swiss art scene. He devoted himself to concrete art, which has the aim of translating abstract ideas into concrete objects. Together with other Swiss artists, he was a representative of the Zurich School of Concrete Art, which was inspired by Wassily Kandinsky and Paul Klee.