The Castle of Hünegg / Museum für Wohnkultur des Historismus und des Jugendstils
Overview
Intro
The Castle of Hünegg Hilterfingen Museum of interior furnishings covering the 2nd half of the 19th century (Historismus and Modern Style)
The Castle of Hünegg Hilterfingen
Museum of interior furnishings covering the 2nd half of the 19th century (Historismus and Modern Style)
On the north-east side oft he village of Hilterfingen the Baron Albert Emil Otto von Parpart (1813 – 1869), former officer in Prussian royal services, acquired large areas of land. The castle was built from 1861 – 1863. The Loire castles Blois, Chenonceau and Azay-Le Rideau served as a pattern fort he architecture oft he Hünegg castle which was built by the 26 years old Architect Heino Schmieden (1835 – 1913) from Berlin. The Baron was married to Adelheid Sophie Margaritha von Bonstetten (1814 – 1883). Hedied in 1869.
The castle of Hünegg is not an ordinary museum with collections. The interior has remained unchanged since 1900. It seems as if time has stood still and that the owners have just left and will return at any moment. The noble residence is situated an a beautiful wooded park.
General information
| Contact address |
Schloss Hünegg / Museum für Wohnkultur des Historismus und des Jugendstils
Staatsstrasse 52 3652 Hilterfingen 033 243 19 82 (Museum) info@schlosshuenegg.ch |
|---|---|
| Location |
Schloss Hünegg
Museum für Wohnkultur Staatsstrasse 52 3652 Hilterfingen Switzerland |
Group & pricing information
| Further prices (starting from) |
CHF 10.00 / CHF 8.00 / CHF 5.00
|
|---|
Booking Information
Book online