A singular panoramic view awaits: over the Swiss and French Alps from Eiger to Mont-Blanc and further to Lake Geneva.
The picturesque ride goes along the shores of Lake Geneva before rising up into the fresh mountain air. Climbing more than 1,600 meters in altitude, the railway passes fields, villages and forests. With increasing altitude, the narrow track along the slope offers ever-more spectacular views over Lake Geneva and the surrounding mountains.
Once at the top, a range of leisure activities for all ages await: the Alpine garden of La Rambertia boasts an impressive collection of over 1,000 Alpine plants and there are various hiking trails just waiting to be discovered.
The train up the Rochers-de-Naye runs all year round. In December, Father Christmas personally lives atop the 2,042-meter mountain.
- Free entry to the Marmot Park and the botanical Alpine garden of La Rambertia with over 800 mountain plants from all over the world (only open in summer)
- Via ferrata from Jaman to Rochers-de-Naye
- Various hiking options
- During the festive season, Father Christmas welcomes children on the peak (special offer available locally, limited places available)
Food/drink and accommodation options
- Mountain restaurant by the station
- No accommodations available
Cog railway timetable
Operates all year round, though only Wednesday to Sunday from January 10 to April 3 2022. From Montreux station, direct service by cog railway via Glion and Caux to the peak (journey time: 49 minutes)
Hourly from Montreux between 8:17 a.m. and 3:17 p.m., return trips from Rochers-de-Naye between 9:11 a.m. and 4:11 p.m. (later departures in summer). The exact departure and arrival times can be found here.
- Free travel with the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) from Montreux to Haut-de-Caux, 50% discount from Haut-de-Caux to Rochers-de-Naye
- This route is fully covered by the GA travelcard
- 50% discount with Swiss Half Fare Card
- No discount with ER/IR
- Timetable and ticket
Advance seat reservation is not required.
4 to 8 hours (full day)
|Suitable for children with age||
6 to 9 years, 10 to 13 years, 14+ years
Urban, Nature, Active