Highlights on the Jura Crest Trail
With its 15 one-day stages, the Jura Crest Trail has much to offer. Ten unmissable experiences
- Enjoy the view of the beautiful old town of Baden during the descent at Schartenfels (Lägern ridge path, alternative to the regular trail – stage 1).
- Climb up the countless steps of the Roggenflue and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Swiss plateau (stage 5).
- Gaze out over the Chasseral to the Three Lakes Region (stage 8).
- Hike up the Creux du Van before sunrise and experience the imposing rock cirque at dawn (stage 10).
- After a walk of nearly 30 kilometres, enjoy the view from the Chasseron (stage 10).
- Have a coffee in Métairie La Thiolle and taste some local ice creams (stage 12).
- Take a walk through the village of Vallorbe and admire the impressive train station (stage 12, stage 13).
- Enjoy the view of the Lac de Joux from the Dent du Vaulion (stage 13).
- Stroll along the beautiful promenade of Le Pont on the banks of Lac de Joux (stage 13 / stage 14).
- Gaze out from Mont Tendre onto Lake Geneva, the Alps and Mont Blanc (stage 14).
Recommended by the Jura Crest Trail experts:
Tamara Fehr, multimedia student at HTW Chur, walked the entire Jura Crest Trail in the summer of 2018 and provided images, text and film for Switzerland Tourism. She discovered long-distance walking two years back:
“I love travelling long routes for several days at a time and seeing how far my feet will carry me. I was able to experience just that on the Jura Crest Trail. Walking along the hills of Jura and enjoying the constant view of the Alps is impressive. I was able to get to know and experience the culture of Jura on the 15 one-day stages thanks to the many métairies and the friendly hosts. A very inspiring and relaxing experience despite – or perhaps because of – the physical effort. I am looking forward to discovering yet more long-distance trails in Switzerland on foot.”