Switzerland’s four language and cultural regions are one of the country’s best-known peculiarities. The journey with the GoldenPass Panoramic train links German-speaking and French-speaking Switzerland, making it possible to experience the change from one culture to another as a gradual process.
This premium panoramic train starts its journey in Zweisimmen, and travels towards Montreux. One picturesque view follows the next, as if the passing landscape had been specially designed for the panoramic journey: cows grazing on lush green meadows, traditional wooden chalets and the tall peaks of the Alps in the background. But the best is saved until last. Shortly before reaching Montreux, you get a fantastic view of glittering Lake Geneva. As the train meanders down the hill at a leisurely pace, you will already start to feel the Mediterranean flair of the Lake Geneva region. The GoldenPass Panoramic is part of the panoramic GoldenPass Line and therefore also part of the Grand Train Tour of Switzerland.
|Stage:||Zweisimmen to Montreux or vice versa|
|Journey time:||2 hrs 8 mins
| New: Hourly departures from Montreux and Zweisimmen with uniform travel times and stops from early until late.
Facilities available on the train
- Panorama carriages in both 1st and 2nd class
- All GoldenPass Panoramic trains have low-floor entrances and wheelchair-accessible toilets. It is not possible to reserve a wheelchair space in advance. Trips must be registered via the SBB Rail Centre in Brig.
- Some trains have cars with front-view VIP seats, although these can no longer be reserved in advance. A fee can be paid to staff on the train on the day of travel if such a carriage is available on the train used.
Food & drinkThere is currently no on-board service for individual travellers. For groups of 10 or more people, meals can be served at your seat upon prior reservation: email@example.com
This route is fully included in the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) / GA Travelcard.
Book your Swiss Travel System tickets
Reservations and surcharges
- Aside from a valid ticket, there are no obligatory surcharges.
- Reservations for individual travellers, which cost CHF 9, are recommended due to the limited number of seats, but not required. Reservations can be made via mob.ch after the timetable change in December for the entire following calendar year.
- Seat reservations for groups of 10 or more people are mandatory and subject to a surcharge of CHF 7 per person.
- Allocation of seats for groups in 2nd class: 9 days before departure. 1st class seats are allocated on the train by the train staff. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +41 (0)21 989 81 51
Tips for excursions in Montreux and the surrounding area
- Chocolate Train
- Chillon Castle
- Rochers-de-Naye (2,042m a.s.l.)
Download exciting and extensive information about the GoldenPass Panoramic, featuring highlights along with key facts and figures, here: