Distance 510 km
Ascent 6000 m
The Lakes Route takes you on a trip right across picture-postcard Switzerland. From Lac Léman to the Bodensee, passing 10 larger and smaller lakes and offering stunning views over water in the Alps and Alpine foothills.
Seven lakes, rustic valleys, traditional villages: the journey leads up hill and down dale – a joy for e-bikers – right across the typical image of Switzerland. From Lake Geneva to the Gruyères where the fabled Cailler chocolate com- petes with the legendary Swiss cheese. From fashionable Gstaad to the dream- like setting of Lake Thun and Lake Brienz. Through fabulous panoramic views over the Brünig to Lake Lucerne, to Lucerne itself and then on to the pilgrim village of Einsiedeln. Finally, the route follows along Lake Zurich and Lake Walen to the expanse of the Rhine valley and on the Direttissima to Lake Constance.
- Montreux, the new Modern Times Museum Chaplin’s World
- Gstaad, detour to the much vaunted Lauenensee
- Brienz, Ballenberg Open-Air Museum
- Einsiedeln, monastery and Black Madonna
- Werdenberg, castle and village with its medieval timber houses and population of 60
- Rorschach, picturesque harbour town on the shores of Lake Constance
An enjoyable tour includes the careful planning of the same. Please inform yourself in advance at the local information center about the route and weather conditions. Depending on the season and weather conditions, this route may be blocked or interrupted
|Distance on tarred ways||
|Distance on natural surface||
Show elevation profile
Along Water, Over a pass
Signalisation in both directions