The Chocolate train runs between Montreux and the Cailler-Nestlé chocolate factory at Broc and is a real “must” – not only for the true “sweet tooth” but also for railway enthusiasts.
One simply cannot visit Switzerland without sampling Switzerland’s most famous speciality – Swiss chocolate. Montreux-Berner Oberland railway has dedicated a whole train to the world’s most delicate temptation. In the stately “Belle Époque”-Pullman 1915 vintage coaches and later by bus, visitors travel in 1st class style only.
FactsRoute: Montreux – Montbovon on the GoldenPass Belle Epoque – Change to the chocolate bus Gruyères – Broc Fabrique – Montreux
Duration: 7 h 30 min
Food & Beverages
- Coffee and chocolate croissants after leaving Montreux
- Free admission to the show dairy "La Maison du Gruyère"
- Free admission to the chocolate factory of Nestlé Cailler in Broc
Operates every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
- 01 Jul–31 Aug 2023: operates every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- On operation days, the chocolate train has 3 different departure times.
TicketThis route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard. Book Swiss Travel System Tickets
Additionally, a surcharge for the seat reservation and additional services applies.
More information and bookings
Groups, Individual, Couples