The Treno Gottardo runs hourly over the 120-year-old Gotthard panorama line to the sun-kissed corner of Switzerland. The panoramic ride promises impressive views of rugged mountain faces and deep blue lakes as well as plenty of Mediterranean flair with palm trees and stately residences.
Bustling cities, historic buildings and a great variety of nature and leisure activities - all of this can be experienced on the Treno Gottardo. The diversity of Switzerland with one single train! The new train, equipped with bistro zone and family area, runs hourly from Zurich, Basel and Lucerne to Locarno. Travel most comfortably along lakes and mountains over the historic Gotthard panorama route right to Locarno in the sun-kissed corner of Switzerland. Benvenuti!
Facts Treno Gottardo
Zürich/Basel/Luzern – Bellinzona – Locarno
|Zürich – Locarno: 3 h 19 min
Basel – Locarno: 4 h 21 min
Luzern – Locarno: 3 h 6 min
- Lucerne with its numerous sights such as the chapel bridge or the lion's monument
- Lake Lucerne with its impressive fleet of steamboats
- Altdorf, main town of the canton of Uri, with the world famous Tell monument
- The 1882 inaugurated Gotthard panorama route with the church of Wassen that can be seen from three different angles during the ride
- The Leventina with its spectacular surroundings – with the steep funicular railway to Lake Ritom and the Strada Alta, or by cableway to Lake Tremorgio
- The castles of Bellinzona, part of UNESCO World Heritage since the year 2000
- Locarno with its bustling Piazza Grande, Lake Maggiore and the famous pilgrimage church Madonna del Sasso
Food & Beverages
- Two bistro zones with snack and beverage vending machines as well as a coffee maker on every Treno Gottardo
The timetable of the Treno Gottardo can be found here.
This route is fully covered by the Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) and GA travelcard.
Book Swiss Travel System tickets
- Seat reservation available for individual travellers
- Seat reservation required for groups of 10 or more persons (no surcharge)
2 to 4 hours (half day)
|Suitable for children with age
0 to 5 years, 6 to 9 years, 10 to 13 years, 14+ years
Families, Groups, Individual, Couples