The Chocolate train runs between Montreux and the Cailler-Nestlé chocolate factory at Broc and is a real “must” – not only for the true “sweet tooth” but also for railway enthusiasts.
One simply cannot visit Switzerland without sampling Switzerland’s most famous speciality – Swiss chocolate. Montreux-Berner Oberland railway has dedicated a whole train to the world’s most delicate temptation. In the stately “Belle Époque”-Pullman 1915 vintage coaches and later by bus, visitors travel in 1st class style only.
FactsRoute: Montreux – Montbovon > change from train to bus > Gruyères – Broc Fabrique – Montreux
Duration: 7 h 30 min
Food & Beverages
- Coffee and chocolate croissants after leaving Montreux
- Free admission to the show dairy "La Maison du Gruyère"
- Free admission to the chocolate factory of Nestlé Cailler in Broc
The Chocolate train operates as follows:
- May – June: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
- July – August: daily
- September – October: Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
TicketThe Swiss Travel Pass (Flex) / GA travelcard is valid on this route. Additionally, a surcharge for the seat reservation and additional services applies.
Book Swiss Travel System tickets
Apart from a valid ticket, a seat reservation is required.
Groups, Individual, Couples