The following points serve as an orientation guide by EXPO EVENT Swiss LiveCom Association for the organisation of events in congress centres and event locations:
Find out more
- All persons must regularly wash their hands. Provision of hand hygiene stations: Guests must be able to wash their hands with soap and water or disinfect them with hand sanitiser when they enter an event location.
- Employees and other persons must maintain a 1.5-metre distance from one another.
- Regular cleaning of surfaces and objects after use on an as-needed basis, particularly if they are touched by multiple people. A face mask and gloves must be worn when setting tables with crockery, cutlery and glasses. Open cutlery trays are not permitted.
- Ensure persons at particular risk are offered appropriate protection.
- The requirements must be implemented at management level to ensure efficient implementation and adaptation of the safety measures.
- Events and gatherings for up to 1000 people are again permitted. However, contact tracing must be possible at all times. Event organisers must ensure that the maximum number of people that may need to be contacted does not exceed 300. This can be achieved by dividing the venue into sectors. The cantons may see fit to apply a lower number.
- The movement of people, seating arrangement and room layout, as well as the dimensions of the room and stage must be planned to allow for sufficient social distancing. Floor plans, escape routes and walkways are to be designed with sufficient space for social distancing. Floor markings are to be used where necessary.
- If the required distancing cannot be observed: an attendance list of participants, visitors and guests must be kept and retained for 14 days.
- Suitable protective panels (Plexiglas) are to be installed at help desks and information points.
- Air circulation must be assured by regular and sufficient air exchange.